Thursday, February 19, 2015

What's for dinner...and lunch tomorrow?

My husband and I are back on the meal prep train.  I got worn out with constantly cooking while in contest mode in my former bikini girl life, so I'm not all that excited.  Sadly, bread and bread and bread won't build the body that I want...time to make some changes!  (If that's what you do to get swimsuit ready, please don't tell me)  I've bought more meat in the past two weeks than I have in the past month.  Well, aside from yummy uncured bacon. *please hold while I think about bacon for a minute*  Ok, I'm back.  I know, I know...but I could totally sustain life on all things carby.  Yes, carby is an adjective.  

Enter the crock pot.  Easy prep and one pot cleanup.  Yes, please.  Plus, I want to find some great go-to crock pot recipes for summer so I don't have to sweat like a pig while cooking heat up the whole kitchen. 

I just so happened to be on Pinterest (shocking, right?) and came across this recipe for Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken.  No lie, it took maybe 15 minutes to prep and throw it in the pot!  I added about 8 drops of ginger essential oil - I get my oils here - to the mix to add in a little extra flavor. :) About 20 minutes before dinner, I brought out the rice cooker.  I threw in brown rice and then broccoli into steamer basket.  Bam. Dinner.  I had every intention of taking a pic of it along the way....buuuuut I didn't, that pic up there is from the Slender Kitchen page.  Whomp whomp.  I will tell you, it was delicious.  I only had 1/2c of rice, I swear.  The skinless breasts made it lower calorie, next time I might use thighs instead...because, well, they're way more tasty than white meat wonderful.  What's your favorite crock pot meal?


1 comment :

  1. I wish you had taken a picture of your food! I can never trust the food blogger pics. :-) I rarely cook now that my parents are just down the road but will need to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete